Villa Bougainvillea is not just a beautiful, income-producing villa tucked away in the foothills of San Jose; it is an experience, a virtual tropical mountain paradise consisting of magnificent Black Walnut Trees, Cedars, Banana Trees, and an array of tropical flowers and foliage that greet you at every corner and turn.
A short 25 meters up the simple entrance, to your left, is a very large paverstone-designed driveway, enough parking for 24 cars, a large 2 car garage and the entrance to the villa. On your right, the entrance road passes by a beautiful organic fruit orchard and if you continue a bit further, another few private homes, where a morning walk will lead you down to a serene and melodic creek.
Use the villa as your own private luxury estate suitable for a large family or utilize its B&B potential, for medical tourism, or as a corporate retreat. It is almost too much to take in at one time. From the remarkable Mediterranean architecture of the residence to the exotic flowered gardens, the panoramic mountain views and the tranquility and near- to-perfect climate of the foothills of San Ramon de Tres Rios, Villa Bougainvillea awaits.
About the community
Located only 20 minutes East of San Jose in the foothills above Curridabat and San Pedro, San Ramon de Tres Rios is but 10 minutes to the University, and 10 minutes to the largest mall in Costa Rica, Terra Mall.
In this much sought after Foothill area, one will discover clean mountain air, a landscape forested with tall Cedar trees and magnificent Black Walnut trees growing beside Banana and Palm trees, and all surrounded by lush, tropical greenery.
The property itself is close to La Campina for swimming, and Marion Baker School (a private American School). There is a local pulperia (convenience store) across the street, or choose a 5 minute stroll to the local grocery stores, where one can pick up fresh bread and baked goods in the early morning.
The bus stops are almost directly in front of the villa entrance, both coming and going to San Jose, and there is easy transportation with no changing of buses. You can also drop down to the closest town, Tres Rios, or visit Terra Mall to see a movie and be served sushi, pizza or alcoholic beverages by waiters in tuxedos at the fabulous new 15-theater complex, or you may want to wander around San Pedro to explore the University District, which is only 12 minutes away. Even though you are surrounded by the tranquil environment of the foothills, everything you want is just a few minutes away; world class medical facilities, EPA (a large hardware plus store), Walmart, lots and lots of restaurants, fast food outlets and more.
The Villa contains:
- 4 bedrooms and 3 1/2 baths
- 90% Furnished
- Lot Size: 1/2 acre 2000 m2
- Floor Area: 4500 sq feet 418 m2 plus 225 m2 construction
- Granite Kitchen with cooking island and large eating area
- Open concept to Huge Family Game and Entertainment Room with Wet Bar
- Large Dining Area Large open Living Room
- Master suite with fireplace and huge marble-enhanced bathroom and Jacuzzi
- Three Fireplaces
- Office and Ante Room
- 75 foot long interior stone wall
- Huge family game room/wet bar
- 100 feet of glass windows for incredible viewing
- 2 car garage, room for boat or RV and under cover parking for 4 more cars
- 3 Rental Cabinas (2 of them already rented), 1 with full kitchen, 2 with cooking platforms, all with full baths
- Four phone lines, intercom, high tech security system including cameras and monitor, and Wifi in villa as well as rental units
- Rancho with barbecue, tiled counter, sink and electricity
- Huge Laundry Room
- Enclosed patio and terrace
- Fenced back yard
- Gardener/maid's quarters with full bath Extra water tank/pump
- Priced: $895,000.00