ENGLISH / ESPAÑOL

  

    

COSTA RICA

COUNTRY OF PEACE

Listings

About us

Contact

Services

Costa Rica

Links

shading

 

Where is Costa Rica?

Our country is located in Central America, an isthmus where life seems to have created its roots. Covering only 0.03% of the surface of our planet, Costa Rica has approximately 6% of the world's biodiversity.

 

Why is known as "The Country of Peace"?

Because the Costa Rican government eliminated the army more than 50 years ago, replacing it with a force of teachers, which has gotten to be greatest from Central America.  In addition, our ex-president Oscar Arias,  received the Nobel prize of Peace in the 80´s for his collaboration with the elimination of the armed conflicts in the other countries of Central America.

 

Why Costa Ricans are called "ticos"?

For centuries in the Costa Rican use of the spanish language, the people have used diminutives to talk about anything or anyone, for example when people talks about a small baby boy, they say "niño pequeñitico" instead of "niño pequeño".

 

How is the country?

Costa Rica is characterized by an impressive scenic beauty, with a consolidated protected areas system, social and political stability, high educational levels, and efficient infrastructure and services. You can find all these characteristics in a territory of less than 20,000 square miles, surrounded by the Pacific and Atlantic oceans, only three to four hours away from each other by land or 45 minutes by air.

The country has become a well known touristic paradise, where the visitor can go to a wide variety of destinations  such as beaches, volcanos, caves, tropical forests, ecological places, ancient precolumbine cities, etc.

 

How are the Ticos?

The Costaricans are kind people, with a 95.2% alphabetization index, our population is the most educated of all the isthmus, which feels in their good treatment with the visitor, and their great advance in different social, touristic, and commercial areas in spite of being considered as an underdeveloped country.  In 2006 the capital city, San José, was acknowledged as the Hispanic American Capital of Culture.

 

Is it true that Costa Rica promotes the Eco Tourism?

Yes it´s true!   Actually, Costa Rica is the birthplace of ecotourism, wich is to use the natural resources of the country as touristic attraction, but allways trying to make the less impact in nature.   For example, the law in Costa Rica for touristic complexes say if a company wants to make a new hotel in certain areas of the country, it can only use a 20% of the land bougth for that reason, and dedicate the other 80% to the conservation of the virgin forest, or in some cases to the reforestation.

 

What about the plastic surgery in Costa Rica?

Well, some people say that Costa Rica is now in the process of convirting into a new "Mecca" of the plastic surgery for the people with low budget.  With professionals who have the same knowledge (or even better) than the ones in US or Europe, but living in a country where the quarter part of the money that you could earn back in US, is good enough to have a life like in California or Miami.

 

How is Costa Rica in the hi-tech market???

Here a small video that shows you some stuff about it:

 

   

 

 
   

Some sites of interest from our country:

www.cmegrupo.com Production company of audiovisuals and events in Costa Rica

www.visitcostarica.com Official government site about our country and it´s touristic places.

www.wallsforfun.com Ingrid Villalta´s website, a graphic designer with a passion for painting murals, especially in children's rooms and other spaces. Murals, design & illustration.

www.internetpronto.com web hosting and e-marketing solutions

 

  

Chicas